Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dieting and Vitamins

Dieting and Vitamins: Pain or Gain?
Author: Lisa T -WeightLossSurvival.blogspot.com/

When we start a diet we all know we should consult a doctor prior to make sure we are doing things correctly. Not everyone follows that plan, self diets can be tricky and can cause more problems than good.


I am one who believes in having a doctor review things first. You get the physical, blood pressure tested, blood sugar checked, your heart and lungs, everything looks good and now you are ready to start. The doctor recommends a plan to you but always tells you that while dieting the best thing for you is to use a Multi Vitamin to get all the nutrients you need during your diet.


Now one thing that the doctor does not tell you is which vitamin will cause heartburn. Yes, I said HEARTBURN!


Like most people I started with the One A Day Multi Vitamin for Weightloss, I have been taking a regular generic vitamin prior to my diet, but I thought this one was geared just toward the dieting market it should do what I need.

Within 3 days of using this vitamin I was struggling with light heartburn, thought it would go away. No it continued and proceeded to get worse. I went back to the doctor with the complaint and was put on Prilosec, this made me very uncomfortable. Next I tried an over the counter heartburn medicine and this made me sick. I could not eat anything without getting ill. Great for diet, don't you think. NO! I was weak and could not exercise. NOT GOOD!

This all came to an end when I went to Curves and was unable to complete one time around the circuit. So unlike me, I love Curves. The ladies suggested that I stop taking the medicines and start from scratch and see if things got better.
So I did............NOW 2 days later, no pain, no sickness and more energy.


SO THE MORAL TO THIS STORY IS ASK YOUR DOCTOR WHAT KIND OF VITAMIN BEFORE YOU START YOUR DIET SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE PAIN THAT I EXPERIENCED.


No comments: