Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dieting on Vacation


Vacations can be a stressful time for serious dieters. I am no exception, but I am doing so well on the Curves program that I enlisted the help of my boyfriend to keep me on track while on vacation.


No eating out at restuarants, he pre-marinated skinless chicken breast and grilled them outdoors. He prepared marinated pork chops and grilled them for me. He only brought fresh vegetables that were sauteed in the marinades that went with the entree. Then he surprised me with large sweet potatoes that were slow roasted over an open fire and baked, only 1 tsp of butter added for flavor. This was the best food I had eaten on a camping vacation. Snacks were fresh vegetables with low-fat blue cheese dip, lite baked chips w/salsa and cubes of chedder cheese. I was never hungry and never felt deprived.


Guess what? I still lost weight.... go figure.


Now I am ready to continue my program and research new and exciting food options. This vacation showed me that I can enjoy REAL food and still lose weight.


Author Lisa T

No comments: